Look no further than this rare 2.710 carat Spessartite Garnet gemstone for your next statement piece. The reddish-orange hues of this 7.31mm x 6.66mm oval stone is sure to make a bold impression. Let this stunning gemstone be the centerpiece of your next treasure.
Please inquire about availability before checkout.
|Gemstone Stone Type:||Natural Sperssatite Garnet|
|Gemstone Weight:||2.710 carats|
|Gemstone Dimension||7.31mm x 6.66mm|
|Gemstone Clarity:||SI( Slightly Included)|
|Number of Stones:||1|
Popularly known as Fanta Garnet or Spessartite Garnet, this gemstone is a bright orange rare variety of the garnet Spessartite Family. Due to their rarity, Spessartite Garnets are genuinely the most priced variety of the family as well. However, Natural Spessartites Garnet can be found in many tones of orange-red, yellow-orange and even reddish-orange. It is only the purest orange gemstone that are termed as Fanta Mandarin Garnets.
Spessartite Garnet comes in an array of colours, sizes, and shapes and can be found in all parts of the world. This gemstone earned its unique name from where it was first discovered, from the term "Spessart", which means Germany. People say its name comes Forest in German, which also describes the area where Spessartite first found the gem "Circa" in 1832. Many other sources also say "Spessart" is the mountain range's name where Spessartite first found the gemstone.
Like many gemstones, stories and beliefs do pop up, but we know that the first Spessartite Garnet was found in Germany.
Not until 1991 where bright, pure orange Spessartites were found in Africa, Namibia, to be specific. As time went on, many sources like
Nigeria and Mozambique began producing this gemstone. Still, Namibian Spessartite Garnet displayed much brighter orange tones that made people in the industry compare its colour to the famous drink Fanta Orange, thus earning the name of Mandarin Spessartite Garnet to differentiate.
• Mineral: Garnet Group
• Colour: All Colours
• Refractive Index: 1.714-1.888
• Specific gravity: 3.47-4.15
• Moh hardness: 6.5 - 7.5
BIRTHSTONE & ANNIVERSARIES:
Natural Garnets are the birthstones for January Borns and the perfect gemstone for
the 2nd Anniversary.
• Kindly note that you must select your gemstone/diamond by millimetre dimension rather than carat weight. This is because a gem may vary in size and weight; hence, purchasing based only on carat weight might not be very accurate if you set this stone on your own. If the dimensions of a gem aren't stated in the product specification, please don't hesitate to reach an expert by hitting the chat button or contacting us via mail.
• Modern Gem Jewelry® specializes in made to order fine and high jewellery. If you want to design a piece with this gemstone, kindly reach our experts through chat or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Most gemstones on our site do come with a Modern Gem Jewelry® certificate of authenticity. If you need a third-party lab report, please don't hesitate to reach our experts for an additional fee.
• Our website only has about 40% of our loose gemstones inventory. If you do have a specific request about a stone type, colour and shape. Please don't hesitate to consult our online experts for assistance.
Expert Gemstone Selection
Our in-house artisan will present you with the top three gemstone options for your piece. The Choice is Yours.
Receive a detailed simulation of your dream piece and make all the adjustments till it's perfect!
Our experts bring your design to life with the finest techniques. Handcrafting your piece, ensuring it's made to last.
Your piece is carefully packaged for your moments. Insured and shipped to you wherever you are in the world.
Perfect For Every Moment
At Saratti, our dedication extends from your first click to the moment you unwrap your treasure. Handcrafted individually, reasonably priced, and designed for enduring wear.
Every parcel bears our hallmark SARATTI packaging. Our engagement rings are held in a deluxe ring box, enclosed in an exquisite case - the perfect accompaniment for your cherished proposal or momentous occasion. This case also keeps your GIA/IGI diamond and gemstone grading reports safe.
Unmounted gemstones discover their abode within a flawless diamond/gemstone case, guaranteeing their safety and timeless beauty.