Tourmaline is a name obtained from the Sinhalese word "toramalli", which means 'stone with mixed colors', due to it mostly having multiple colors in one crystal. Tourmaline is the newer October birthstone. Indeed, very few gems do match the Tourmaline's dazzling array of colors. Maybe this is why ancient mystics believed this October birthstone to inspire artistic expression. It has a color pattern for every mood. Popular colors like the pink and red rubellites, the emerald green "Chrome" tourmalines, and the neon green and blue-to-violet extremely rare Paraiba Tourmalines.
Why Tourmaline though?
• Comes in an infinite amount of colors.
• Perfect for everyday wear
• October Birthstone
• Perfect stone to celebrate your 8th anniversary
Please inquire about availability before checkout.
|Gemstone Stone Type:||Natural Rubellite Tourmaline|
|Gemstone Color:||Pinkish Red|
|Gemstone Weight:||5.2 carats|
|Gemstone Dimension||12mm x 9.2mm|
Number of Stones:
Modern Gem Item#:
Natural Tourmaline is a splendid semi-precious gemstone popularly known for its vast and diverse colour spectrum. Tourmaline's chemical composition includes a group of mineral species that are closely related, sharing the same crystal structure and the existence of a complex mixture of other elements such as calcium, manganese, and iron are mainly responsible for the colour of Tourmalines.
According to legends and folklore, Tourmaline was believed to have travelled over the rainbow and gathered its beautiful colours along with it. Different cultures have associated the properties of Tourmaline with various beliefs over time. Tourmalines were used in various ceremonies in ancient India to help people gain insight and distinguish between good and evil. It was believed by African civilization to have the ability to alleviate disillusionment and improve mental clarity.
The mineral hardness of tourmaline ranges from 7 to 7.5 on the Mohs scale, making it a good choice for jewellery, including rings for daily wear. Other types of gemstone jewellery, such as earrings, necklaces, and pendants, frequently feature tourmalines.
From pink to black, this gorgeous gemstone is available in a wide range of colours. While some common tourmalines such as schorl are fairly affordable, the rarer colours command a premium.
Since most coloured tourmalines are formed in a liquid-rich environment, these liquids frequently become trapped inside as inclusions during the crystal growth process. In most cases, tourmaline inclusions closely mimic thread-like cavities or long hollow tubes. Eye-visible inclusions are typical in red and pink Tourmalines but are often despised if the colour is intense and appealing. Regardless of the stone's vividness, tourmalines with prominent whitish inclusions are poorly received by dealers and consumers. On the other hand, green tourmalines are usually eye-clean. As a result, the presence of visible inclusions significantly reduces their value. The same is true for tourmalines of other colours: inclusions visible to the naked eye will lower the price significantly.
NATURAL TOURMALINE FACTS:
• Mineral: Silicate
• Colour: From pink to Black
• Refractive Index: 1.616-1.650
• Specific gravity: 2.82-3.90
• Moh hardness: 7 to 7.5
BIRTHSTONE & ANNIVERSARIES:
Natural Tourmalines are the birthstones for October Borns and the perfect gemstone for the 8th Anniversaires.
• Kindly note that you must select your gemstone/diamond by millimetre dimension rather than carat weight. This is because a gem may vary in size and weight; hence, purchasing based only on carat weight might not be very accurate if you set this stone on your own. If the dimensions of a gem aren't stated in the product specification, please don't hesitate to reach an expert by hitting the chat button or contacting us via mail.
• Modern Gem Jewelry® specializes in made to order fine and high jewellery. If you want to design a piece with this gemstone, kindly reach our experts through chat or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Most gemstones on our site do come with a Modern Gem Jewelry® certificate of authenticity. If you need a third-party lab report, please don't hesitate to reach our experts for an additional fee.
• Our website only has about 40% of our loose gemstones inventory. If you do have a specific request about a stone type, colour and shape. Please don't hesitate to consult our online experts for assistance.
Expert Gemstone Selection
Our in-house artisan will present you with the top three gemstone options for your piece. The Choice is Yours.
Receive a detailed simulation of your dream piece and make all the adjustments till it's perfect!
Our experts bring your design to life with the finest techniques. Handcrafting your piece, ensuring it's made to last.
Your piece is carefully packaged for your moments. Insured and shipped to you wherever you are in the world.
Perfect For Every Moment
At Saratti, our dedication extends from your first click to the moment you unwrap your treasure. Handcrafted individually, reasonably priced, and designed for enduring wear.
Every parcel bears our hallmark SARATTI packaging. Our engagement rings are held in a deluxe ring box, enclosed in an exquisite case - the perfect accompaniment for your cherished proposal or momentous occasion. This case also keeps your GIA/IGI diamond and gemstone grading reports safe.
Unmounted gemstones discover their abode within a flawless diamond/gemstone case, guaranteeing their safety and timeless beauty.