Here is a lovely light green Natural Emerald gemstone cut in a lovely octagonal shape measuring 5.5 mm x 4.8 mm and weighing 0.86 carats. This exquisite emerald showcases its natural beauty in a captivating form, radiating elegance and allure. With its vibrant green hue and precise dimensions, this gem is ideal for creating sophisticated and unique jewelry pieces.
This May birthstone is perfect in size to design any lovely emerald cocktail ring for yourself or a loved one.
Please inquire about availability before checkout.
|Gemstone Stone Type:||Natural Emerald|
|Gemstone Weight:||0.86 carats|
|Gemstone Dimension||5.5 mm x 4.8 mm|
|Number of Stones:||1|
|Modern Gem Item#:||EM2982|
KING OF ALL GREEN GEMSTONES
For over 4,000 years this miraculous gemstone has always been the most wanted gemstone in soothing and comforting the soul with its unparrallel green hue. This truly remarkable gemstone has always been believed to represent love, eternal youth and rebirth. Over the centuries this gemstone has inspired a countless number of names to describe its lush green beauty. Places around the world such The Emerald Isle in Ireland, in Philippines the Muntinlupa City, Washington, Seattle and Oregon all known as the Emerald City.
The name 'Emerald' was derived from the ancient greek green, "smaragdus". Emerald was first know to be mined in ancient Egypt, dating back from 330 BC to 1700s. At that time the Queen of the Ptolemaic Kingdom of Egypt(Cleopatra) was know to have a strong passion for emeralds and always used them in her royal adornments.
Today emeralds are sourced from a number of countries across the globe with Columbian producing some of the most finest and most precious emerald son the market today. Zambia,Brazil,Russia,Afghanistan,Zimbabwe all produce gem quality emeralds used in fine jewellery.
Emerald is the most famous gem from the Beryl family amongs Aquamarine, Golden Beryl and Morganite. Emeralds with ligger green tone are less-expensive compared to that of the highly saturated deep green colour.
Emeralds do come in a host of shapes and cuts such as the traditional octagonal shape, heart and oval.
Below are a few facts about Natural Emeralds
• Mineral : Beryl
• Color : Bluish Green to Deep Green
• Refractive Index : 1.577 to 1.583
• Specific gravity : 2.72
• Moh hardness : 7.5 to 8
BIRTHSTONE & ANNIVERSARIES:
Emerald is the gem of spring and has always been the perfect choice as the birthstone for any May born.
This May birthstone is also associated to the twentieth and thirty-fith wedding anniversary.
• Kindly note that you must select your gemstone/diamond by millimetre dimension rather than carat weight. This is because a gem may vary in size and weight; hence, purchasing based only on carat weight might not be very accurate if you set this stone on your own. If the dimensions of a gem aren't stated in the product specification, please don't hesitate to reach an expert by hitting the chat button or contacting us via mail.
• Modern Gem Jewelry® specializes in made to order fine and high jewellery. If you want to design a piece with this gemstone, kindly reach our experts through chat or email (email@example.com).
• Most gemstones on our site do come with a Modern Gem Jewelry® certificate of authenticity. If you need a third-party lab report, please don't hesitate to reach our experts for an additional fee.
• Our website only has about 40% of our loose gemstones inventory. If you do have a specific request about a stone type, colour and shape. Please don't hesitate to consult our online experts for assistance.
Expert Gemstone Selection
Our in-house artisan will present you with the top three gemstone options for your piece. The Choice is Yours.
Receive a detailed simulation of your dream piece and make all the adjustments till it's perfect!
Our experts bring your design to life with the finest techniques. Handcrafting your piece, ensuring it's made to last.
Your piece is carefully packaged for your moments. Insured and shipped to you wherever you are in the world.
Perfect For Every Moment
At Saratti, our dedication extends from your first click to the moment you unwrap your treasure. Handcrafted individually, reasonably priced, and designed for enduring wear.
Every parcel bears our hallmark SARATTI packaging. Our engagement rings are held in a deluxe ring box, enclosed in an exquisite case - the perfect accompaniment for your cherished proposal or momentous occasion. This case also keeps your GIA/IGI diamond and gemstone grading reports safe.
Unmounted gemstones discover their abode within a flawless diamond/gemstone case, guaranteeing their safety and timeless beauty.